PHP Developer (M7520)
Melbourne CBD, Permanent
One of the fastest growing tech start-ups in town is on the hunt for a brilliant Web Developer!
- CBD location
- Join a passionate and knowledgeable crew
- Salary dependent on experience
This organisation is a hugely successful, social media style start-up operating in the sports industry. They now need to add to their numbers as they continue to grow and win industry awards. You will be joining a small team of developers who love trying new things and use modern web development techniques. Right now they are in the process of training up on PHP7 and migrating their platform across. They are looking for a Developer who is equally happy smashing out code in the front end, but also has the chops to get stuck in with PHP/MySQL in the back end.
The majority of the work will be back-end development, but you will also be expected to pick up front-end duties. You will be using a brand new iMac with a spare monitor and the kitchen is constantly stocked with beer and fresh coffee. You will also be located in one of the best areas of the CBD – there is so much to enjoy on your doorstep.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Super strong PHP skills – MVC, OOP experience is a must
- Communication skills are vital to you being a success in this role – you will be joining a small team where communication is of upmost importance
- A real can-do attitude (not the ‘yes man’ attitude!)
- Comfortable using version control tools i.e. GIT
- A passion for web technology communities – do you attend meet-ups, blog, commit code to open source projects?
- A few added extras would be AWS, Node, Backbone, Coffee Script
This is an opportunity for a developer to join a young company that doesn’t take itself too seriously, and fun is at the heart of all aspects of the job, but don’t be fooled by this – doing a perfect job and creating the best code possible is what everyone strives to do within this company. The organisation is not looking just to put a bum on a seat – they need someone with a proactive nature and ideas that really wants to contribute. If that’s you, hit ‘Apply’ now.
If you’d like to hear more about the role, feel free to drop me a line at the office on 03 9935 9409 or send your resume to Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref: M7520.Apply Now